Help us conquer Cyberspace...
Join DB Alumni News!
Low cost subscriptions also available
If you can spare a bit of change, we would appreciate your subscription for $18 per year. (Wow; what a deal! About a nickel a day, even better in leap years. Look for the money under the sofa cushions!)
As you've no doubt heard, there's no such thing as a free lunch, and our web world is the same. (You've probably also heard how people are making zillions by displaying Google ads on their websites. Right.)
Subscribers have more opportunities to publish on the site:
- expanded personal profile with space for document storage - such as PDFs of your recent, brilliant treatise(s).
- a free listing for your business in the DBAN directory.
You'll also be eligible to serve on boards and teams that will (we hope) be needed as the site and the membership grow. If we ever get ahead, we'll use any surplus productively to benefit UCLA or DB alumni.
It is in short the greatest bargain offered anywhere on this site.
All former DB staffers are welcome to join us. The benefits are e.g., enormous, huge, staggering... (editorial types: you could fit the adjective to the available space in 24 pt Bodoni Bold, but sadly we don't support that font, sorry).
- Personal Profile
- From your profile you can keep friends up to date and post brief news items. Subscribers can also publish longer articles. Link to and embed feeds from your YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc., accounts.
- All alumni can participate in the forums and comment on posts in the News and elsewhere on the site (more interactive features are coming soon).
- Post announcements of forthcoming events in the calendar.
- Contribute images to the DB image gallery (or include individual images in news items).
Some features may not be operational at the time you join. The site's potential grows constantly on a labor-of-love basis.